- External reference: https://youtu.be/16fgzklcF7Y
This word is a bit polysemic.
Some times, you find the etymological definition, like this one:
service mesh is used to describe the network of microservices that make up such applications and the interactions between them.
But, you often read that it is also not only about the mesh of services, but also about the security and ease of use, IOW service mesh implementations.
Notes linking here
- hoot about proxies, ingress and API gateways
- kubernetes sidecar container
- service mesh implementation and single-responsibility principle
- traefik et maesh : de l ingress au service mesh avec Michael Matur