- External reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_fatigue
Some factors causing password fatigue are:
- unexpected demands that a user create a new password
- unexpected demands that a user create a new password that uses particular pattern of letters, digits, and special characters
- demand that the user type the new password twice
- frequent and unexpected demands for the user to re-enter their password throughout the day as they surf to different parts of an intranet
- blind typing, both when responding to a password prompt and when setting a new password.