Ideal File Systemfleeting
To me, the ideal file system should put in separate places:
- the identity of the files,
- the location of the files,
- the metadata of the files,
This is because we often think about those concepts separately.
The metadata of the file contain the id of the file.
The way you think about the files should not be related to the way/place you store the files.
- git-annex is a good compromise, but still makes the file location a central notion of the file,
- ipfs + zettelkasten is an awesome way of thinking the files, as you think about the concepts and files are simply a metadata of the concept, (see how do I store my files? and how I organize my static files with IPFS and org-roam),
- perkeep is a great idea, as it bring file claiming, but it lacks the location unaware idea,