Dailies Are Not About Telling Our Livefleeting
See scrum misconceptions.
In daily meetings, I often hear something like
- yesterday, I did some administrative stuff
- today, I have a lot of meetings
As stressed out in the scrum guide, the daily meeting is a mean to focus on progress toward the spring goal. The scrum method is centered around the common goal of the team.
Often, a suggested way to conduct the meeting is by asking the three questions :
- what did I do yesterday to progress toward the goal
- what impediment happened that prevented my progress toward the goal
- what will I do today to progress toward the goal
Unfortunately, those questions too often become
- what did I do yesterday
- what impediment happened
- what will I do today
I think this might due to the fact that we think we have to say something to appear productive. Someone saying “I pass” might be seen as a lazy person.